Fully funded PhD positions are available starting Fall 2018 in autonomous systems, robotics, machine learning, and human-robot interaction.Research will be conducted in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA), under the supervision of Dr. Yongcan Cao.
- A Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a related field;
- Strong background in statistics, signal processing, or system and control theory;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Matlab and Python
- Master's degree;
- Experience in Robot Operating System, machine/deep learning, or computer vision;
- Hands-on experience in UAVs or ground robots;
- Demonstrated research experience (i.e., a good publication record).
Dr. Yongcan Cao